DSI Security Services Security Site Supervisor - Valparaiso, IN (operations) in Valparaiso, Indiana
Security Site Supervisor - Valparaiso, IN
Valparaiso, IN, United States of America
DSI believes that success is bred in the recruiting, selection, supervision, and training of each and every employee. Believing in the need for ongoing and perpetual training helps to set DSI apart from its competitors. Many companies give testimonials about their commitment to customer service and employee satisfaction but few deliver on that promise. That is where the DSI motto, “DWYSYWD”, comes into the picture. Simply stated, DSI strives to “DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL DO”.
The staff at DSI believes that if we understand the culture and mindset of our customers then we can more easily create a unique service solution to reflect it. DSI strives to create a work experience for our employees reflecting the work culture, principles, and values of our clients as well as of DSI, and based upon this, we screen employees for skills, philosophies, and attributes that reflect both. In doing so, we believe DSI delivers employees and service mutually beneficial to everyone.
Job Skills / Requirements
DSI Security is currently seeking a Supervisor in the Valparaiso, IN area. Benefits include Health, Vision, Dental Insurance. You will also have the availability of 401k (w/ company match). DSI will provide paid vacations, free uniforms, paid training.
All interested candidates must meet the following requirements::
Must be at least 21 years old
Must have a valid driver’s license
Must have High School Diploma or GED
Must have reliable means of transportation and telephone
Must be able to pass Criminal and Drug Screenings
Must have supervisor experience
Must be able to perform routine foot patrol
Security Site Supervisor Job Duties (As directed by post instructions):
• Assist in securing premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points
• Responding to alarm signals.
• Being alert to observe, correct and report fire & safety hazards
• Regulating and directing traffic, as necessary
• Providing effective access and exit controls to ensure compliance with the client’s instituted badge or pass control system, if applicable
• Maintains visibility to ensure/deter unacceptable activities.
• Presents oneself in a professional manner through appearance and conduct
• Making routine and special reports to supervisors
• Promoting safety to prevent accidents
• Providing building and premises security to the clients’ properties
• Enforcing client and company policies and procedures
• Handle day to day operations at site location
• Make sure that all staff follows all laws, policies and procedures that are in place
• Maintain a positive professional manner at all times
• Communicates with Branch management regarding all issues, scheduling, staffing and record keeping that are related to client
• Manage overtime
• Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and clientele effectively and routinely
Inspects client site to ensure adequate coverage and compliance with post orders, making sure you cover any vacant posts as necessary
• Ability to make appropriate decisions in stressful situations
Additional Information / Benefits
401k Plan - With DSI match
Superior Service Awards and Recognition
Officer of the Month and Year Awards
DSI Security is a Drug Free employer and complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full and Part-Time position
1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.